Outdoor use Bluetooth Rugged Robot. BETT winner 2020. 708-IT10000
Product Code: 708-IT10000
Winner of the BETT 2020 award for the best digital device.
Our first programmable robot designed for outdoor use!
Boasting Bluetooth functionality and designed for robust challenges, Rugged Robot can be controlled via tablet or the TTS TacTile Code Reader.
Use this Tuff-Bot in the classroom or take it where other classroom robots can't go, whether that be the hallway, gym, playground, ballfield, or even the woods! Oversized wheels allow it to traverse uneven terrain. Built-in obstacle avoidance guides it get around barriers. Multiple speeds make it adaptable for operation in a range of environments.
With a memory of up to 256 steps, Rugged Robot will be able to carry out the most challenging of activities. With 3 speeds, students can set how fast the robot moves. It also boasts an obstacle sensor which can be turned on and off to prepare students to the more complex programming that lies ahead.
An obstacle sensor which can be turned on and off will detect obstacles in front of the robot and reverse and rotate 45 degrees before carrying out the rest of the program.
• Rechargeable -- with LED ring to show charge level
• Outdoor friendly with 3 speed settings suitable for different surfaces
• Compatible with the TacTile Reader for remote operation
• See & Say functionality -- Recordable messages to confirm when commands have been entered
• Memory of up to 256 steps
• Program using 45-degree turns
• 20cm travel distance for each step
• Built-in distance sensors to avoid obstacles