Blue-Bot Classroom Bundle for Schools - 6-in-1 (EL00515)
New Blue-Bot at a Glance
• Much More Interactive – Blue-bot can talk to other Blue-bots!
• Brand New Curriculum with Cross-Curricular Resources
• A Whopping 200 Steps Programming Memory!
• New Audio Recording & Playback
Let’s know more about the robot
Blue-Bot® is a compact robot for kids ages 3+ to learn about control, directions, estimation, sequence, programming, and coding concepts. The robot is Bluetooth-enabled and can be controlled via a tablet or PC wirelessly.
The robot is specifically designed for small kids, to help them learn in an engaging and interactive way. Besides enormous fun with the robot, the kid develops confidence and ability to cultivate ideas, becomes more creative and gets smarter with better questioning skills.
Why is Blue-Bot fit for classrooms?
Teacher inspires students to love learning, inculcates passion into them and makes math and science fun. All of that help kids to transcend their maximum potential and breaks out of the limited thinking mindset.
Keeping Teachers view in perspective, Blue-Bot is a teacher’s companion to help them achieve their goals.
- Simple & Stylish
- With Audio Recording & Playback
- In a Transparent Outer-shell
- Clear & Bright Buttons
- A Rechargeable Robot
- Bluetooth App For Wireless Connectivity
- Program memory of up to 200 steps!
- Introduces Kids to Algorithms
- Creates a Happy Learning Environment
LEARNING AT HOME
Classroom Bundle - Product Code: EL00515
It brings you 6 Blue-Bots and a rechargeable docking station, a fabulous educational floor robot package to cater for an entire class.
New – Audio Recording & Playback
Kids love to hear back their own voice. It’s a pleasure activity for them. Now they can record their own audio and hear it back at each button press. Kids simply love it!
A good design is a great thing to have. But a robot that actually helps a kid to learn more is a must. This robot engages kid to learn STEM from an early-age. Kids consider it fun but in reality, they are improving their cognitive skills and are learning about key aspects.
Dashing Durable Design
Simple is better than complex, it’s true for kids who are just starting out to learn about a world of things. The robot has an attractive looking transparent outer shell with shiny bright LED’s. Keeping things simple and transparent for kids to see, to get inquisitive and learn more about robotics.
Hassle-Free Rechargeable Robot - With Docking Station
Battery operated toys were a thing of past. Blue-Bot has recharging facility making it an even more suitable consideration for a classroom robot. Plus, you get a new docking station to charge all the 6 robots at the same time.
Creating a healthy and safe learning environment is important. At the same time, providing kids with the right tools for learning is important too. This wireless robot makes managing the robot easier for teachers and great fun for kids, helping children to learn even more! It can also be connected to PC and tablets.
Robots Talking to Robots
The new Blue-Bot makes robot communication possible. These robots can now say hello or playback the recorded audio while passing nearby each other. It’s a great lesson for kids and develops good greeting habits from an early-age.
- Q-1 What is the distance of one unit of Blue-Bot?
- One unit is equal to 6 inches, 15 centimeters, of 1 length of the Blue-Bot.
- Q-2 How many commands can Blue Bot hold?
- The Blue-Bot can hold up to 40 commands at one time.
- Q-3 How do I clear the Blue-Bots memory?
- If you are using the buttons on board select the X key to clear what ever commands have been entered into the Bee-Bot.
- Q-4 How Do I Charge the Blue-Bot?
- Note: The robots need to be charged before first use.
Make sure the Bee-Bot is turned off. The Bee-Bot will not charge if the power and sound are on. The power switch and the sound switch are located underneath the robot. Turn both off when charging or when storing the robot.
The Blue-Bot can be charged using a USB cable connected to USB charging plug or connected to a USB port on a laptop or desktop.
1) Insert the USB cable into the charging socket located on the underside of the bot.
2) Connect the other end to a spare USB port on a desktop, laptop or a USB charging plug.
3) If you have the Docking Station or Six-Bot USB charger, then place the Blue-Bots into the docking station and connect the power cable.
4) One eye will light up GREEN to show that the battery is charging.
6) The GREEN light turns OFF when it is fully charged.
- Q-5 My Blue-Bot won't charge
- 1.Make sure the Blue-Bot is turned off before charging. The Blue-Bot will not charge if the power switch and sound switch are on. The power and sound switch are located underneath the robot. Turn both off when charging or when storing.
2. Try disconnecting and then carefully re-connecting the battery. Often this can correct a usage interruption. If that does now work try switching batteries with a Bee-Bot that doesn't have a charging issue.
To disconnect and re-connect or switch a battery do the following Open the battery compartment by unscrewing the screw (which has a special design to conform to European regulations–you just need to find a tool that works, perhaps an allen wrench or the blunt tip of a pair of scissors). The screw is triangular and is on the square panel on the bottom of the Bot. Disconnect the battery and then reconnect it. If that does not work try switching the battery with one from a Bee-Bot is charging. This will determine if the problem is with the battery or the Blue-Bot.
These simple and quick troubleshooting tests as listed above when done by the customer (or their eager and helpful students) usually solve Bee-Bot movement and battery issues.
- Q-6 Care and Feeding of your Blue-Bot
- 1) It is best to use the Blue-Bot on the floor. Using them on a table is not recommended as they may run off the edge and fall off which can possibly damage the bot. For example, a soldered wire could break or come loose.
2) Do not push the Blue-Bot once the go button has been selected. Pushing the Blue-Bot while it is executing a program can strip the gears, or jam the wheels. The robots are an amazingly effective tool which develops and strengthens the students' logical thinking abilities by their learning how to make the robot move on its own. They are not designed to be used as a race car or a toy.
3)Please review the How Do I charge the Bee-Bot section on this page.
- Q-7 What is the best way to maximize the Battery Life?
- Battery life depends on how the batteries are handled. Their life can be reduced by both over-charging and under-charging. Blue-Bot batteries are lithium ion batteries and in general should be treated similar to cell phone batteries. You should put a full charge on a battery and then use the device until the battery has run out and then charge it again. That will give you the longest life (just like your cell phone). The batteries should not just be left charging for days, for example.The robots should not be left on the charger between sessions. NOTE: Charge the robot prior to the very first time using it. The robots should not be left on the charger between sessions.
- Q-8 Does My Blue-Bot Have a Warranty?
- Yes it does. Merconnet (aka Bee-Bot.us), is the official U.S. distributor of Blue-Bots and not the manufacturer.
The manufacturer warranties Blue-Bots to be free of manufacturing defects for up to a year from purchase. Manufacturing defects do not include user errors or damages, which can occur if the robots and their batteries are not properly cared for. Manufacturing defects typically show up almost immediately, not after a long period of use.